If you follow my blog, you probably saw the post that I did about this new laser cut Venetian mask that I just recently purchased. I actually don't have any plans with it other than keeping it for decoration. I figure I might as well do a makeup look that will be suitable for these types of mask. I find these Venetian masks very intriguing and mysterious and whoever wears such a mask seem to carry these characteristics.
When I put the mask on my face, my first thought was to keep the eye makeup simple. First, because the mask is already a piece of Art and a beauty in itself, and secondly having too much going on my eyes may not be an appealing contrast. Since I kept the eye makeup simple, I decided to play up the lip color, so I made it very sparkly.
With that said, you can certainly wear this look for any occasion since it is quite subtle (except for the glittery lips).
- Physicians Formula Bamboo bronzer. I know it is inside the Sephora packaging and that is because I depotted it in there since all I had was the refill.
- Sally Hansen Natural Powder Blush Orchid
- MAC MSF Perfect Topping (not pictured)
- I started off with Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad To The Bronze all over my lids
- With the Too Face Eye Love palette, I applied Honeymoon on my lids and Like a Virgin on my crease.
- For the outer V, I used L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Continuous Cocoa
- On the lower lash line, I applied Sally Hansen Forever Stay Eye Pencil in Chocolate Brown and Milani Shadow Eyez Champagne Toast.
- On my upper lash line, I used Physicians Formula Eyebooster Ultra Black
- I filled in my brows with Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown.
- ELF natural false lashes
- MAC Heroine
- Golden Rose Multicolor Diamonds lipgloss 05
Overall, very easy and simple. Perhaps too simple but quite honestly, if you are wearing a gorgeous masquerade mask, you really do not need to do much with the makeup.
Luuux Shared Link