I must've taken a hundred pictures of this mani. First because I couldn't get my camera to capture how freaking gorgeous it is and secondly because I just can't get over how freaking gorgeous it is. I was so happy with the result that I was getting high off of it. Ain't that something eh? lol.
It was one of those gloomy weekend and I was just sitting at home trying to think of what I'm going to wear on my nails. After digging through my pile of nail polishes, I found one jelly nail polish that I had neglected. Actually, the truth is, I didn't love it when I first bought it because it looked so pretty in the bottle but ended up being so sheer.
After my first and successful attempt at making a jelly sandwich, I was determined to come up with another one, hoping it will come out just as pretty. By the way, if you missed out on that post, you can view it by clicking HERE.
- One coat of Sally Hansen Triple Strong. This has become my favorite base coat. If you have weak and thin nails. I highly recommend that you give this a try. I noticed that it does a really good job at reinforcing my nails and making them strong. I've tried a few products and they didn't do anything for me but this stuff really works. On top of that, it fills in your nail ridges so you have a smooth surface to paint your nails and it dries really fast. My nails have been in such a good shape lately, I couldn't be happier.
- Two coats of Barielle Elle's Spell. It's a sheer jelly raspberry polish with iridescent greenish-gold flakies.
- One coat of Icing Frost Yourself glitter top coat. This polish is packed with large and small holographic glitters.
- One coat of Elle's Spell again.
- One coat of Seche Vite top coat.
And voila! Here's the final result...D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S sandwich! I tried Elle's Spell with a few different glitters and I wasn't completely happy until I paired it with Frost Yourself. The flakies and the different size glitters gives this mani a lot of dimension and when the light reflects on the flakies, they look like light sparkles and the holo glitters look like a firework. It is fantastic in person, much sparklier. I could just stare at my fingers all day.
Luuux Shared Link