Early this week I decided to pick up this stencil kit from Fantasy Makers aka Wet N Wild. Wanted to try it out today so I can show you the result and tell you what I think about it.
What I'm wearing
- For the stencil flames, I used the dark red cream and the yellow cream from the palette. I set the dark red cream with a burgundy powder eyeshadow.
- Face: Physicians Formula Bamboo Bronzer, Milani Baked Blush Fantastico Mauve
- Eyes: I kept the eyes simple. I just did a basic smoky brown look using a dark brown and a black eyeshadow. Then lined my eyes with a black eyeliner and finished with false lashes.
- Lips: I couldn't find my black lipstick so I used a black eyeshadow cream and topped it with MAC Prince Noir.
- The kit comes with a 6 eyeshadow palette, a black eyeliner, and 3 stencil designs.
- The eyeshadows are cream. They are very pigmented and creamy. I was quite surprised but happy with the consitency of the cream shadow. I have not tried them as eyeshadows but I think these could potentially crease because they feel a little too emolient. However, I think they work well for the stencil purpose and they would need to be set with a powder eyeshadow to make them last longer and look more intense.
- The glitters you see are just overspray. There is no glitter underneath there.
- I had to cut the stencil in half and work one side at a time because it completely covers my eyes when I put it on. Fitting and positioning the stencil on my eyes was the most challenging part but once I have it where I want it, adding in the color is pretty easy.
- The stencil has a sticky side, which helps keep it in place on your skin.
- I personally feel that the mask was a bit too big for my face and the eye contour doesn't really go with where my eyes are, which is probably why I had a bit of a struggle applying and positioning the stencil.
- Overall, I think this is a pretty good kit and I would definitely recommend if you are planning to be a Devilish Diva for Halloween. You may have some difficulty with positioning the stencil but if you can make it work, the result is pretty devildivalicious.
What do you think of the look? Would you give this a try? What are you planning to be for Halloween?