I first heard of jelly sandwich not long ago from Heatherann's post and thought that it was a pretty neat nail combo so when I was able to get this new jelly nail polish from Zoya's recent promo, I was pretty excited because I wanted to make my own jelly sandwich too.
- I started off with two coats of Zoya Frida, a sheer dark teal jelly.
- I added some loose large green glitters that I bought from a nail supply store.
- I then top that off with Orly Sashay My Way, a clear base polish with large holographic hex and bar glitters.
- I added another coat of Frida
- I then sealed the manicure with Seche Vite top coat.
Tada! Beautiful, isn't it? I was head over heels with the result. I know it's a lot of coats and does require some patience but you really don't need any special skills to do this. Now, I'm on a quest to acquire more jelly polishes because I want to make make them in every color lol! I love how the glitters look a little more muted yet still make the mani look very interesting. See how they seem to glow underneath the transparency of the jelly?
I know a lot of people don't like jelly finishes but I hope this mani can convince you that you can create a beautiful mani with them.
So what do you think? Still don't like jelly nail polishes? Have you tried making your own jelly sandwich too? If so, please let me know, I'd love to see it.