Happy Monday! Yay finally got around to testing these new NYX lip pencils.
- retractable jumbo pencil with a clear plastic cap
- .11 oz or 3 g
- Bewitching is a slightly dark cherry red with a semi-matte finish.
- Enamored is a deep shimmery cool toned brown with a reddish metallic finish. This shade had a more even application and I find it quite unique.
- She Devil is a deep burgundy with a semi-matte finish.
- Temptress is a dark purplish plum with a semi-matte finish. This one will leave a bright pink stain behind. Personally, I find that rather annoying.
- The pigmentation was excellent. The texture of all these were creamy and applied smoothly. They also felt light-weight.
- The main problem I have with these is that they look a bit blotchy, especially when you look up close. You will need to exfoliate and prime your lips prior to application. The formula will highlight and cling on to dry patches so the smoother your lips are the better and more even the application will be. Another suggestion to help with the blotchiness is to pair them with a lip liner.
- They didn't feel moisturizing nor drying but they are more comfortable with a lip balm underneath
- They last 3-4 hours before they start fading.
- They are unscented.
Overall, I like them even if I wished they had a more even application. They go on creamy even if they are not moisturizing. I also love that they feel comfortable and light-weight. These colors are perfect for fall or for those who enjoy wearing vampy colors. My favorite shades are Enamored and She Devil.
Availability: NYX Cosmetics