First off, I want to note that when it comes to lip products, I am leaning more towards high-end brands. The reason is because I find that the drugstore brands cannot compare to high-end when it comes to quality. There is a huge difference in quality, especially when you pick a lippie that is over $30.00. It may not make sense to pay so much more to those who haven't tried a more expansive lipstick but trust me, you will feel the difference. I don't mind the drugstore brands and some are actually my favorites but because I have very dry lips, the formula of high-end brands works better for me.
These are the qualities I really enjoy in high-end and pricey lipsticks such as YSL, Chanel, and Guerlain:
- Better pigmentation and formula
- They apply better and more evenly
- They feels more comfortable on the lips
- They are more moisturizing
- They last longer.
- They smell nicer or don't smell as offensive as the drugstore brands
I have to admit, this year most of my favorite lippies are from MAC in part due to their large scale of color selection and fun collection....Oh and I'm a MAC newbie, lol. They may not be top-notch in quality like Chanel or YSL but they are definitely better than drugstore and more affordable than high-end brands. I really like the signature vanilla scent of their lippies.
1. MAC Strange Potion Lipglass. Lovely shimmery coral that looks great for every day. For swatches, check this post http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/2010/10/mac-disney-venomous-villains-haul.html
2. MAC Perennial High Style Lipglass. This is also a coral-ish lipgloss that leans more pink but has no shimmers.
3. MAC English Accents Lipglass. Mauvy/lilac. So pretty.
4. MAC Petals & Peacocks. May not be the most unique fuschia color out there but because this is an amplified finish, the color is more intense and feels creamier. I've really been into fuschia this year. It's such a bright, fun, and girly color.
5. MAC Violetta. Purples are not just my favorites shade in eyeshadows but this one is a stunning magenta shade that is surprisingly more wearable than you think. I wish I could wear this to work, lol. For swatches, check this post http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/2010/11/nyx-black-label-orchid-vs-mac-violetta.html
6. MAC Aristo-chic. Although this one is a lustre finish, it's pretty pigmented. It's a brownish coral color. You may still be able to find this at the CCO. It comes with a set of 2 lipsticks and 1 lipglass.
7. MAC Rebel Lipstick. I saw a Youtube gurus wearing this lipstick and I couldn't get over how pretty it looked on her that I had to get one for myself. It's a reddish pink with a satin finish. For swatches, follow this link http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/2010/10/dupe-for-mac-rebel-lipstick.html
8. MAC Gleam Lipstick. I got this one that the CCO and you may find it there too. It's labeled as a glaze and looks kinda frosty but not obnoxiously frosty either. It's kinda like a taupy color with a light pink sheen that looks very flattering on my skintone.
9. Revlon Colorbust Lilac. My favorite drugstore brand lipstick. I love how subtle and wearable this color looks on me. For a complete review of this product as well, swatches, and other shades from this line, check out this post http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-favorite-lipsticks-under-10-revlon.html
10. Revlon Colorburst Blush. This is a my lips but better type of shade. Adds a nice sheen and sheer color to my lips.
11. NYX Black Label - Pumpkin Pie. This is something I would wear in the summer. It's such a warm and wearable orange. At least for me it is.
12. NYX Diamond Sparkle lipgloss - Pink Sparkle. This gloss just looks amazing on me, lol. One of the prettiest pink lipgloss I have.
13. Chanel Rouge Allure Laque 77. The formula is just amazing. The color is subtle and great for every day. For review and swatches of this lippie, check out this post http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/2010/12/chanel-rouge-allure-laque-santal-77.html
14. Guerlain Rouge G - Gemma. Prettiest pink and most expensive lipstick in my stash. The formula is top-notch; however, the scent is pretty strong and can be offensive for some. Check out this post for review and swatches http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/2010/12/guerlain-rouge-g-lipstick-gemma-64.html
15. YSL Rouge Pur Couture. Very pretty raspberry color, rich, pigmented, and very moisturizing. Smells like perfume. For swatches, check out this post http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/search/label/YSL
16. Hourglass - Siren. This color is so metallic, unique, and freaken stunning. Very bold and in your face WOW! For more info and swatches, check out this post http://xxxbeautyredefinedxxx.blogspot.com/search/label/Hourglass
Whew....I hope I didn't bore you to death with my huge favorite products overview.