Not sure if the review will be relevant to anyone because I got these from Sally Beauty's Clearance rack and I think they may be discontinued? I don't know but I guess just throwing it out there in case you may still find them in store.
- I would describe the packaging as simple elegance. It looks nice without looking expensive, if that makes sense. At first glance, I thought these pencils looked unusual because they're slim but the tip is big and wide. Once you sharpen them, the tips do get smaller and take on the shape of a regular pencil. There is one small problem here, the product is a gel formula in a pencil form and the product is pretty soft and will bend or break easily during sharpening. Your best bet is to keep them in the freezer for a few minutes before sharpening.
- .06 oz or 1.8 g
- Navy is a a dark navy blue with a matte finish
- Pewter is a medium metallic silver grey with a blue undertone
- Rose Gold is a light metallic beige
- What I liked about the formula is that it applies very smoothly just like what you would expect from a gel liner. It's hard to get a thin line with these pencils and because the product is so emollient you'd have to be careful not to put too much pressure or you can also break the tip.
- They set fairly quickly and once they do they are budge-proof and smudge-proof for hours.
- I do notice a bit a fading after 6 hours of wear but the good thing is they don't migrate or smear.
The formula is pretty darn good cause it's pigmented, smooth, budge-proof, and long-wearing. I think the packaging is a bit problematic for this gel formula. It's hard to sharpen without breaking or bending the gel. Overall, you'll like this if you don't mind dealing with the packaging and sharpening.
Availability: Sally Beauty Supply