Happy weekend! We got a bit of snow this morning. It was kind of nice. I'm just glad I didn't have to be out there driving in it. By the way this is a review of a deluxe sample I acquired with my Sephora points, not the actual full size product.
- Black tube that resemble a lab vial. I received a trial version but it looks pretty similar to the full size.
- Contains a doe foot applicator
- Red Essence is a slightly warm tone red with a thin gel-like consistency that can be layered and build up to semi-opaque coverage.
- It isn't sticky but can look patchy when you apply a sheer layer.
- The color wears well for up to 6 hours and start to fade from the center out. The stain remains for few hours more.
- I didn't find it moisturizing but it's fairly comfortable if you pair it with a lip balm.
- It has a sweet syrupy scent. Don't love it but doesn't really bother me either.
Longevity is good, pigmentation is good. I prefer to wear it sheer but the patchiness bothers me. It especially gets worst as it fades. I'm not really a fan of this gel stain formula. I wished it was more moisturizing and less patchy. Perhaps the lighter shades in the range may not have the patchiness issue.