A few days ago I was shopping at Walgreens and I spotted this new limited edition collection from Wet N Wild. I was debating long and hard on whether I should get these palettes or not so eventually I went ahead and grabbed them both.
- 8 pan eyeshadow palette. I really like the size of these palettes and I like that clear cover that allows me to see the colors inside. They have a decent amount of products and they are easy to travel with. The packaging is a bit cheap and can potentially break if you drop it.
- .3 oz or 8.5 g
Walking On The Red Carpet
- dark cool toned brown, semi matte with subtle shimmers. Texture is dry but pigmentation is average.
- light shimmery brown taupe. The texture is smooth but the pigmentation is lacking and sheer.
- very light pale khaki with soft shimmers.The texture is smooth but the pigmentation is lacking and sheer. This color doesn't have much contrast at all on my skin tone. It just blends right in.
- a matte and very pale pink that looks more white than pink on the skin. Soft texture and average pigmentation. A bit powdery.
- medium shimmery yellow tone brown with sparkling gold shimmers. It's a bit powdery and dry but it has good pigmentation. Probably the only shade that I find worth paying for in this palette and I don't think I have a dupe for it either.
- Shimmery warm gold. The texture is smooth but pigmentation is sheer.
- Shimmery and flaky, brighter, and yellower gold. Lots of fall out with this color. It's really a pain to apply without getting it everywhere. It's a bummer because I actually like the sparkling effect it has on the eyes. Pigmentation is alright, could be better if it wasn't so flaky.
- Pale white with soft shimmers. It's very sheer.
Overall, I'm rather disappointed with this palette because most of these shades suffer from lack of pigmentation. Even a primer doesn't do much at helpin them stand out. My only consolation is that I love shade #5. It's quite a stunner. They last about 6 hours before I notice signs of fading.
|swatches were done without primer. I had to do at least 3 swipes to get them to show decently|
|#6 on the inner corner, #3 at center of the lid, #5 at the outer V, #2 on the crease, #8 on brow bone|
|#7 on the lid, #5 on outer V and crease, # 8 on brow bone|
|#6 on eyelid, #2 on the crease, #1 on the outer V, and #4 on brow bone|
Flirting At The After Party
- medium shimmery greyish purple. It's such a gorgeous purple but the pigmentation is just average and I have trouble getting it to show up when using a brush. It looks better when I apply and pat it on with my finger.
- medium blueish lavender with a matte finish. It's soft but a bit dry and powdery and the pigmentation is alright though it doesn't really work when blended out on the crease.
- medium grey with purple undertone. It has a matte finish with subtle very tiny sparkling silver shimmers. It feels soft but again dry and powdery and looks muddy when blended out.
- pale white with subtle shimmers and pink undertone. Texture is a bit dry and pigmentation is sheer.
- medium shimmery greyish purple. Very similar to color#1. It's just slightly darker and less shimmery. It's soft and powdery. Looks muddy when blended and I also prefer to use my finger to apply and pat on the color on for a better color pay off.
- light purple with pink undertone and very subtle sheen. Almost appear matte. It's a lovely color that suffers from lack of pigmentation.
- pinkish purple with a matte finish. I love the color but the pigmentation leaves something to be desired. It has a soft texture but again it's powdery and fades when blended.
- sheer and shimmery iridescent light pink. That's a cool color but it's sheer and only at certain angle where the light hits that you can see the color.
Overall, I love the colors though some of them look a bit similar to another. Pigmentation is lacking and they just don't work when blended because they are already sheer to begin with. They last about 6 hours with a primer. Also I prefer to use my finger rather than a brush when applying some of them on my lids. So yes, I'm also disappointed with this palette.
I really wanted to love these palettes and I was really hoping that they would be better but and lately I have not seen any new Wet N Wild eyeshadows that impressed me. Do you feel the same or is it just me? Are there any newer Wet N Wild palette/eyeshadows that you've been loving?
|Swiped at least 3 times without a primer|
|#1 on the lid (I had to use my finger), #3 on the crease, #4 on the brow bone|
|#6 on the lid, #7 on the crease, #5 on the outer V, and #8 on the brow bone|
|#5 on the lid, #7 on the crease|