I have for you today a makeup look inspired by Radiant Orchid the official color of the year for 2014. Click HERE if you would like to read the press release. So when I looked up the color for Radiant Orchid, I found the shades going from fuchsia, magenta, to soft pink purples, and lavender. It's quite exciting because I looooove those shades. They are my favorite makeup shades. Granted I love all colors, these are the shades I probably wear the most.
For this look, I wanted to capture these pink/purple hues and I wanted them blended together to give it that soft feminine touch and romantic feel. And to complement that look, I am also wearing these new contact lenses. They are the i.Fairy Casper Blue from LensVillage.com. Aren't they just fabulous? They're so big and mesmerizing. Perfect match for this look. Click HERE to read my review.
And here is the list of products I used to create this Radiant Orchid inspired look.
- Tarte Off The Cuff Amazonian Clay Blush Palette. I'm wearing Dollface on the cheeks and Park Ave Princess for contour.
- Benefit Sun Beam for highlight.
- I primed my eyes first with Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
- Coastal Scents Winterberry Eyeshadow Palette. I applied S16 (shimmery light purple) from the inner to the middle of my eyelids. I applied S08 (light lavender blue/purple) from the outer to the inner middle of my eyelids and blend both colors together to give them a seamless transition. I used ME14 (light/pale frosty pink) to highlight the brow bone and to brighten up the inner corners of my eyes.
- I applied Make Up Forever #92 eyeshadow to the outer V and blended it toward the outer crease. I used S06 (shimmery pink) from the Coastal Scents palette over it as a transition color toward the brow bone.
- I applied Inglot 359 matte (light blue pink) on the inner crease area and blended it toward the outer crease colors.
- I lined the upper lash line with Physicians Formula Eye Booster Ultra Black.
- I lined the waterline with Urban Decay 24/7 pencil Ink.
- I smudged S06 and S08 on the lower lash line.
- I filled my brows with Illamasqua cream eyeshadow Intrude and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel Espresso.
- ELF Natural Lash Kit
- LA Colors Passion Flower (stay tuned for the review)
What do you think of Radiant Orchid? Found any of them colors in your own stash too?