A couple weeks ago I was at Sally Beauty Supply and noticed these new eyeshadows from Femme Couture. There was 8 shades in total but Aquamarine is the one that stood out of the pack.
- Pressed pigments into a pot similar to L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows.
- .11 oz or 3.2 g
- Aquamarine is a very frosty shimmery light silver blue with teal shimmer sparkles. The moment I saw it I was like wow I likey! I take home!
- I anticipated that the formula would be similar to the Infallible eyeshadows, given the way it was packaged. It feels creamy and buttery when I touch it but it goes from creamy to powder as I swatch.
- The pigmentation is a bit sheer and can be build up to a medium coverage. You can wear it alone for a soft sparkling glow or you can wear it over a colored base for a more intense color. It can be applied wet for a better color pay off.
- It definitely needs a primer or base in order to keep the pigments in place. It is a bit loose and flaky so you want to just pat it when applying.
- I get a bout 8 hours of wear with a primer without creasing. As long as you're not touching or rubbing your eyes, the fading it minimal.
I like the color. Not sure if I have a dupe for it. I don't think it's the kind of color you'll see often. I like the creamy texture but I wished it was more pigmented. I don't mind working with it though. It definitely looks better over a colored base.
Availability: Sally Beauty Supply
|Left was swatched dry. Right was swatched wet|
|From left to right, Aquamarine was swatched over a brown cream shadow, a teal cream shadow, and a black cream shadow|
|I am wearing here Aquamarine over a dark grey colored base|