A couple weeks ago, I was naughty and I went shopping at Ulta, and I went over my budget for the month of January so now I have to try really hard to keep on track for February. Ok, now that I have this guilt off my chest I want to talk about this new eyeshadow.
- The packaging is simple and round. Nothing to write home about.
- .09 oz or 2.7 g
- I must admit that the first thing that caught my eyes was the lovely shimmers inside. Frosted Apple is a light cool tone rose with gold shimmers. There's definitely an overspray finish on top to give it that gorgeous sparkly glow but in spite of that the underneath color still retains some of that shimmer, just not as pronounced.
- So I can't figure out if this is a cream or powder. It feels like a cream yet looks like a powder when applied. I can't pick up or apply the eyeshadow with a regular eyeshadow brush. The only way I can make it look decent is by applying with my finger.
- The pigmentation was average. It definitely needs a primer for better color pay off and intensity. I have to swipe my fingers a couple time to get the desired color payoff I wanted.
- When paired with a primer, I was able to get 6-7 hours of wear. After that there's some slight fading.
This is sort of like a cream to powder hybrid kind of formula and you will need to work it with your fingers for best result. I don't love the formula but I can deal with it because I like the color. It's beautiful and suitable for daytime wear, plus last fairly well with a primer.
|Swatch on the left was on its own. Swatch on the right was over a primer|