I haven't gotten much use of the Sleek palettes I hauled lately aside from the Ulta Mattes so I'll start my review with this palette. I love to have a good variety of matte eyeshadows because they are just perfect to add contrast to an eye makeup look so when I heard about this palette, I knew I had to eventually get my hands on it.
- The palette was much smaller than I expected. The eyeshadow pans are about the size of a nickel.
- The packaging is made out of black matte plastic with a large mirror and double-ended sponge tip applicator included. It does get a bit dirty as you handle it because it attracts finger prints, other than that I do like the sleek and compact packaging.
- There is 12 eyeshadow pans with different colors. Each pan is 1.1 g or .03 oz. Inside the palette is a sheet of clear plastic with the name of the eyeshadows labeled on it. I do like that each eyeshadow has a name.
- Top row from left to right:
Orbit - medium dark matte teal. Has fair pigmentation and a little patchy.
Ink - matte navy blue. Very dry, patchy, seriously lacks pigmentation, and hard to blend.
Highness - matte medium purple with red undertone. Dry, patchy, and poor pigmentation.
Noir - dark matte charcoal grey. Fair pigmentation.
Dune - light flesh nude matte. Fair pigmentation and creamy soft texture.
Pillow Talk - matte white. Fair pigmentation and creamy soft texture.
- Bottom row from left to right:
Thunder - matte light grey. Poor pigmentation.
Maple - matte brick red. Good pigmentation. Soft and creamy textured.
Flesh - matte light beige. Good pigmentation. Soft and creamy textured.
Paper Bag - medium dark matte brown, cool undertone. Good pigmentation. Soft and creamy textured.
Villan - dark brownish plum. Very pigmented, soft and creamy textured. A bit hard to blend evenly.
Fern - medium matte emerald green.
I love the range of colors in this palette, the sleek, practical and compact packaging. The reviews I read online were somewhere between very good and average. In my personal opinion, I would put this palette at average and that's mainly because only half of the shades in this palette met my expectation. The other half felt dry, patchy, and had poor pigmentation. These definitely do need eyeshadow primer for best result.
Availability: Sleek Makeup
|Swatches done over eyeshadow primer|
|Orbit on lid, Paper Bag and Flesh on crease|
|Highness on lid, Ink on crease, and Orbit on bottom lash line|
|Flesh and Maple on lid and Noir on outer V|
|Fern on the lid and Villan on crease|