I went to see Maleficent today and thought the movie was quite good! Much better than I expected. I have just a faint memory of the original story. I've never seen the original film but have read the story in book a long time ago when I was a little girl. Without spoiling too much of it, the new movie tells a completely new and different story to the original version but in a good way in my opinion. I think it makes the plot more interesting and sentimental. Angelina Jolie looked incredible and her performance was excellent! So glad to see her back in the big screens. I think she was the perfect actress for this role. Maleficient is wicked, dangerous, and beautiful at the same time. Do check it out if you haven't already.
I've been pampering my nails for the past couple weeks with these manis. I feel so proud of myself!
Currently, what I'm sporting on my nails is this vibrant Orange Pink shimmer gradient look with a few sprinkles of purple glitters. I made use of the new Revlon Electric Chrome Spiderman Collection polishes for these nail looks. This nail look makes me think of a tropical cocktail drink.
- I did 2 coats of Revlon Electrified Web on all my nails.
- Once that dried, I used the sponge technique to create the pink orange gradient by using Revlon Gwen's Crush, focusing it more on around the cuticles.
- I added one coat of Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat.
- I spread a few purple glitters on the top portion of the nail bed using Orly FX Can't Be Tamed.
- I finished off with another coat of Sally Hansen Big Shiny Top Coat.
Last week, I sported this black gold lace pattern on my nails. Initially, I wasn't planning on stamping anything on it but once I got the gold all over my nails, I felt like it was just too much and needed to tame it down so the black was a nice contrast and made the nails look more elegant.
- I started off with one coat of Sally Hansen Triple Strong as my base
- I painted one coat of Revlon 1000 Volts on all my nails.
- I used one of the stamping plate I got from Bundle Monsters (from Amazon.com). It has this lacy pattern that also reminded me of easter egg patterns. With my Konad black special polish, I stamped the pattern all over my nails.
- I finished the look with Sally Hansen Big Shiny top coat.