This is a review of the free Birthday Make Up Forever lipstick sample. If you're already a Beauty Insider, you already know that every year on your birthday month, you get a free birthday gift with 2 deluxe sample size products. It's free and easy to join so I don't see why not unless you don't like or use beauty products at all.
- The sample size packaging looks similar to the full size version. It feels lighter and a bit cheaper.
- 1.5 g/ .05 oz
- I got the shade N9 and I would assume everyone else got the same too. This shade is also available in the full size permanent line, which retails for $20.00.
- N9 (copper pink) is a medium brown with pink undertone, a very pretty neutral color that I would think flattering on every skintone. I find the formula much creamier than the Rouge Artist Intense line. It just glides really easily on the lips without being too slippery. Though not completely opaque, it is nicely pigmented.
- The formula is hydrating, comfortable, and doesn't emphasize dry patches. I get about 3-4 hours of wear before it starts fading.
- It has a perfumy/soapy cosmetic scent to it. Not overwhelming but definitely noticeable. I personally didn't find it offensive.
Definitely a nice lipstick. Good pigmentation, average lasting power, hydrating, comfortable, and light-weight. The color is great for every day wear though I'm sure you can easily find a drugstore dupe for much cheaper or you can get it for free if you're signed up as a beauty insider. For more info and how to sign up, click HERE.
Price: Free as beauty insider birthday gift or $20.00 for the full size version.