I was attracted to this palette because of the lovely neutral colors and the fact that they are matte. I also read some positive reviews and some negatives but overall most people liked it so I thought ok, it's probably not that bad.
- The packaging is made of a velvety light pink fabric cover with magnetic closure and paper and cardboard. It also includes a good size mirror.
- The palette size is close and similar to the Naked Palette.
- Net weight .8 g or .028 oz x 14
- 1.82 g or .064 oz for the Transforming Pearl
- This palette contains 14 neutral shades that have a soft, smooth, and buttery texture with colors ranging from warm to cool and light to dark to create a variety of looks.
- The shadows aren't completely matte. They have a subtle sheen yet they appear matte on the eyes.
- The lighter colors have a sheerer pigmentation. The darker shades have better pigmentation but overall the pigmentation is not as wonderful as I expected, they just look a bit muddy. That was rather sad because they feel so nice when swatch them with the finger.
- They really need to be paired with a good primer in order to look their best.
|Sheer Joy, Soft Light, Warmth, Soulful|
- Sheer Joy - definitely sheer off white with subtle pink undertone
- Soft Light - very light taupe brown
- Warmth - light beige nude with a slight pink undertone
- Soulful - medium warm pinkish brown
|Mocha, Violet, Midnight, Noir|
- Mocha - medium brown with grey undertone
- Violet - medium violet purple with grey undertone
- Midnight - dark grey with bluish undertone
- Noir - medium black
|Love, Sunrise, Sunset, All Heart|
- Love - light peachy pink
- Sunrise - medium warm orange with a slight brown undertone
- Sunset - medium warm brown with pink undertone
- All Heart - medium mauve
|Java, Iconic, Transforming Pearl|
- Java - dark brown with a purple undertone
- Iconic - medium grey with slight brown undertone
- Tranforming Pearl - shimmery white. The shimmers are fine and subtle. It looks good on its own but I found that mixing Transforming Pearl with the other shades make them look very sheer and more washed out. I did not like that.
|Eyeshadows mixed with the Transforming Pearl|
I'm not a fan of the packaging as it can get dirty easily. This palette has such a beautiful range of neutral color and had so much potential but the pigmentation and formula felt short. I can still find use for them. They are soft and blendable and would make good transition colors and would be perfect for the crease. The Transforming Pearl is kind of a joke although the concept was good, it didn't perform well when mixed with the other shade. If you like subtle colors, I suppose you may enjoy this palette but for the price, it just doesn't compare to other neutral palettes in the market.
In spite of the raves and good reviews, this palette just doesn't impress me. It's just ok but if I'm paying $42, I want it to be excellent, you know what I mean? What do you think?
|Sunset on lid and lower lash line, Java on outer V and crease|
|All Heart on lid, Mocha on crease, Midnight on outer V|
|Mocha on lid, Sunrise on crease, Midnight on outer V|
|Sunset on lid, Noir on outer V, crease, and inner corner|