I guess one of the reason why I wanted to try the Sonia Kashuk lip crayon is because the packaging reminds me of NARS lip pencils...Ain't that funny eh? Ever bought something because it reminded you of something else? I do that quite often, especially if it reminded me of something I like.
- Jumbo lip pencil. I like the fact that it has the plastic seal when you purchase it so you know that no one has tempered with the product.
- .08 oz or 2.3 g
- The first time I opened the cap, I was overcome by this strong waxy plastic smell. Whew, it almost knocked me out but with use, I find that the smell isn't as potent as when I first cracked it open. It's still there though and wears off a few minutes after you've applied it.
- Nudey Nude is what I consider one of those nudes that are more flattering because it's not so light that it can make you look pale as a corpse. It's a nice medium brownish nude with just a bit of pink in it.
- I find it to be decently pigmented and it applies smooth and creamy on the lips. If you look up close you can see a very faint shimmer in it; however, it still manages to look matte.
- I didn't think it was moisturizing and neither drying
- I got about 2 1/2 or 3 hours of wear before it starts to fade. It really doesn't last very long. Most matte lipsticks I've tried usually last about 4 hours.
The synthetic smell is a bit of a bother but not so much that I can't tolerate. Other than that my other complaint would be that it doesn't last long enough. The pigmentation and color is nice and the texture is smooth. Overall, I like but I don't love it.