I'm so excited to finally be able to deliver my review and show you swatches of these lovely cream eyeshadows I purchased from Yves Rocher. Initially, I started off with just the shade Bronze because I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into and since I was pretty happy about it, I bought the rest of the Metalglow Cream Eyeshadows.
- They come in a clear plastic tube with a doe foot applicator wand
- .17 oz or 5 ml
|Cuivre, Chrome, Or, Mercure, Cuivre Rose, Bronze|
Cuivre (Copper) - I think the name is spot on. This definitely looks like copper.
Chrome - shimmery metallic silver
Or (Gold) - shimmery medium gold
Mercure (Mercury) - shimmery medium pinkish brown.
Cuivre Rose (Pink Copper) - shimmery rose gold
- Chrome and Or are probably the worst shades from the bunch. They apply more sheer and patchy even when layered. They just don't feel creamy like the other shades. I won't recommend these two so skip them if you can help it.
- The rest applied very smooth, buttery, and go on evenly. Have a good pigmentation and can be applied lightly or layered for a more intense color.
- They don't dry too quickly. I think 30 seconds or so, which gives you enough time to apply and blend.
- I dab a bit on the eyelid with the applicator and then I use a finger to gently pat the color and then lightly blend toward the crease.
- They wear on average up to 8 hours with minimal fading and no creasing without a primer. With a primer, the wear extends for a couple hours more.
Aside from Chrome and Or, the rest of the Metalglow are a hit for me. They feel creamy and apply so easily. I love how they last through most of the day without creasing. The shades are lovely and office-friendly. Definitely grab a few of these when they go on sale.
Price: $17 (often goes on sale)
Availability: Yves Rocher