I love the Asian facial sheet masks so when I spotted this paper mask at Wal-Mart, I wanted to give it a whirl and see how it compares especially since these Freeman products are more easily accessible.
- The packaging is lovely and the roses and color are aesthetically pleasing for the eyes.
- One packet holds a single, one time use, face mask. This mask has two layers, one layer almost feel like thin plastic and the other layer definitely feels like a thin piece of paper. Too thin and a bit too fragile I think. I had to be extra careful when I was peeling it off so that it doesn't rip apart. And trying to place that on my face was another challenge.
- When you pull it out of the packet, the mask is dripping wet. What's annoying is that the serum is also pinkish and can stain your clothes so watch out for that.
- The mask is pre-cut and of course isn't going to fit everyone's face perfectly. On myself, I find the eyes cut out are rather small and I already have small eyes to begin with. The mouth cut out is also small.
- This facial mask promises to brighten and tone. Supposedly contains Rose Extract to illuminates dull skin and White Tea and Licorice to help reduce age spots and even out skin tone. It also contains Lactic and Glycolic fruit acids, and Vitamin C.
- I didn't feel any tingly or cooling sensation while I was wearing the mask. I kept it on my face for 15 minutes, and then peeled it off.
- The direction says not to rinse the face but I did not like the slightly sticky feel on my skin afterward and call me crazy but even with the Asian mask, I cannot wait to rinse my face with water. I just can't help myself.
- After I rinsed, I noticed some blotchy light pink color on my skin, likely due to the tinted pink serum of the mask. Didn't like it but I used it at night and it was gone by morning.
- Honestly, I didn't feel like this mask did anything for me. I didn't notice any brightening or toning effect. It wasn't drying but it wasn't moisturizing either. Granted it was a one time use, I was hoping it would at least make my skin feel good but I noticed no difference at all.
I don't know if you need to use several of these masks before you start noticing any result but for a one time use, it made no difference at all to the condition of my skin. The material of the mask lack quality and because it is so thin, it doesn't absorbs much of the serum and can tear easily. Feels a little bit sticky after you remove and leaves a light stain behind. Overall, it was a fail for me.
Price: About $2.00
Tried it? Let me know what you think.