We had some freezing rain last night on my way home from work. I had to be extra careful because it was slippery as hell and what bothers me is that some people still drive too fast for this kind of weather. I really didn't want to be around them. I managed to get home without incident but our apartment parking lot is on a hill so as I was coming down the hill, I really had to brace myself because black ice and gravity was just pulling my car downhill and it was sliding and swerving from side to side. I freaked out that I was going to either hit a neighbors car or slide straight into that wall of snow at the bottom of the hill. I thought to myself, ughh what a stupid idea hoping they salted the lot already. I was very lucky my car stopped just a few inches from the snow wall. I went back around and parked on the more leveled parking lot by the apartment office but that meant that I had to walk a little far and had to brave the deadly slippery hill on foot! It wasn't easy and being on foot just made me realize how slippery it was. Imagine me trying to walk on wet ice on a hill. Eh what choice do I have? It's the only way home. I took really slow and small careful steps. A neighbor was coming up the same direction and she was so sweet, she said "let me help you, I got boots on we'll be fine. I don't want you to fall out here" so she grabbed my arm and we slowly walked to the entrance of the building. I was wearing flats and they had no traction so I was certain my chances of falling were really high. So lucky to have wonderful neighbor like that.
It's time now to get this review going for yah. Frankly, I could hardly wait to share it with you but I had to find the time to type it up because my week had been wack and stressful.
- Metallic gold case, which I love and hate because it's a magnet for fingerprints. I like that the base shows the actual color of the lipstick.
- .14 oz or 3.97 g
- Up Town Mauve is a bright medium fuchsia/rapsberry color with a cream finish. Not a color I would call mauve but that's ok because it's super gorgeous I think.
- The formula feels thick and it was very pigmented and creamy.
- It was a little bit moisturizing, I'd say, but it does start to feel drier as the color wears down.
- The color lasted like 5 hours before starting to fade. I left a bit of stain as it faded.
- The lipstick is heavily scented. Smells a sweet and fruity. I didn't find it offensive but just too strong for my nose.
I really enjoyed the color of this lipstick and aside from the strong fragrance, the creamy, pigmented, and somewhat moisturizing properties of the lipstick is quite nice. If you love the color, you should just get it.