I first spotted these new Rimmel Scandaleyes cream eyeshadows at K-Mart and so far it's the only store I've come upon that has them in my area. They had 6 or 8 colors available. Though the other shades were quite pretty and tempting, I only grabbed Pomegranate because it's the only cream eyeshadow color I don't have.
- It comes in a tube with a doe foot applicator.
- .23 oz or 7 ml
- Pomegranate is a medium dark shimmery burgundy with specks of gold shimmers. Finding some gold shimmers in it was quite a nice surprise.
- The formula is pigmented and dries fairly quick. In spite of that I didn't really have any issues with the application. I would apply a bit with the wand directly on my eyelids and them use my finger to pat and blend the color. I also found that using a synthetic brush works just as well. You can also add a second layer if you want a more intense color or if you need to even out the application. I was very pleased that it didn't cake on or crack when I layered it. Some similar product have a tendency to do that.
- I have moderately oily lids and without a primer, I was happy to see that it didn't crease when worn up to 8 hours. There was some slight fading but it wears longer with a primer.
This cream eyeshadow had a lovely color and nice pigmentation. Though it sets fairly quick, it still allowed me to apply and blend the color evenly. It doesn't cake or flake when you layer it and doesn't crease without a primer. Very good product for the price.
- I'm wearing Pomegrenate on the center of the lid. I applied a medium brown matte eyeshadow on the crease and a dark brown shade on the outer V.
- For the upper lash line, I created a winged liner with Physicians Formula Eyebooster liquid liner in Ultra Black.
- On my lower lash line, I'm wearing MAC Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner Industrial
- I'm also wearing Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Blacquer on my waterline.