Monday, January 13, 2014
30 Random Facts About Me
I was tagged a couple weeks ago by Kar Yi to do this random fact tag. I know I don't often do tags like these and it took me a little longer to put together these facts, which I thought long and hard over, lol, because it wasn't easy coming up with 30 without putting you to sleep but I suppose it's good to throw something out there about myself that isn't beauty related so you can get to know me on a personal level as well.
1. I spent new years eve making Pho, drinking wine and champagne, and watching a movie with my family. That's usually how I prefer to spend my new year's eve. Nice and quiet with family.
2. The last movie I saw was on new year's day. I took my kids to the theaters to see The Hobbit: The desolation of Smaug. Loved the special effects with the dragon. Great story line and lots of adventure.
3. Every day, I start my day with a cup of coffee with cream and sugar to keep me going. Caffeine helps keep me alert and awake.
4. Some days, I only sleep 3 hours before going to work.
5. I work as a team lead in a medical office.
6. What I love about my job is that it always keeps me busy and engaged with others. There's always more problem than I can solve. I'm always learning something new.
7. What I dislike about my job is there's too much work, not enough time.
8. There are certain things that I forget very easily and certain things that stick in my head very well. I guess it depends on how critical the information is.
9. I'm a quick learner and I take good notes.
10. I hardly watch TV.
11. I love roller coasters, the faster and higher the better. The best ride I had so far is the front row seat of the Millennium Force at Cedar Point. You gotta be at the front seat in order to get the best thrill.
12. If I had the money, I'd definitely consider plastic surgery. Actually, I have, I just didn't have the money, lol.
13. I prefer taking showers. That could change if I had a Jacuzzi.
14. My favorite childhood game was Chinese jump rope. I was very good at it and had so much fun playing it at school with my friends before class starts and during recess. Oh and my second favorite thing to do when I was a kid was climbing trees. There were Mulberry trees in the neighborhood and I used to always climb them to pick and eat the berries. They taste so good!
15. I'm quiet and mellow. I may come across as boring but I'd be more than happy to go skydiving, bungee jumping, para-sailing, go to the moon, eat snakes, lol...yeah that kind of stuff...
16. I don't like confrontation but I will assert myself if I feel that it is necessary. I usually wait until I'm calmer before I talk to someone .
17. I started to cook for my siblings/family at the age of 10, I think. I just remember I was very young.
18. Hair styling is not my forte. I really suck at it, that's why my hair got no swag. Surprisingly, I cut my sons' hair all the time and do a decent job at it.
19. I've never got my nails done at a nail salon before.
20. I've never smoked.
21. I'm messy.
22. I love rice. I mean I have to eat it like almost every day. I crave badly for it if I skip rice for a couple days.
23. I need at least an hour to get ready.
24. I don't like planning so most of the things I do are either habitual or spontaneous.
25. Things that make me happy: a kind word, knowing someone cares about me, yummy food, and sales.
26. I'd prefer receiving a thoughtful gift than a gift card or money.
27. I believe everyone deserves a second chance if they redeem themselves.
28. I'd rather be alone than being in an unhappy unfulfilled relationship.
29. I kissed a stranger on my 34th birthday at the spur of the moment. It felt like the best thing ever at the time, lol. He was cute and a good kisser too!
30. I carry a half dollar bill everywhere I go because someone special has the other half. I have a grain of hope that we might run into each other someday...perhaps when we're very old, or perhaps in another lifetime.
Kudos if you read the whole thing and I didn't bore you to death and thank you for the time :)
I tag anyone who'd like to do this tag. If you already have, let me know and I'd be glad to read yours.