So in an effort to get into the Christmas spirit, I decided to go out to last night to take some pictures of Christmas lights...Well, it didn't turn out as planned...traffic was really bad so I drove right back home and went grocery shopping...LOL. I didn't want to try to find parking with all these cars going around and I didn't want to shoot the camera from the driver's seat, though the thought has crossed my mind, lol.
I wasn't in the mood to do a makeup look but tried really hard to come up with one since it just doesn't feel right not to. After all I am a beauty blogger and that's what I should do. Honestly, I really do not go all out like this for the holidays. We don't throw big parties or do I even go to any Christmas parties. We keep it very casual...This year, we'll be having a small Christmas pot luck at my sister's house. Hopefully, I get to take some more Christmas pictures and don't forget my tripod like I did last time. If you care to see some of Christmas pictures I took, feel free to check out this post on my other blog by clicking HERE.
I can't remember if I did a look like this but haha, hopefully not. I was dying to incorporate one of my favorite red lip color with this look so I felt like it would be best suited if I keep the eye makeup neutral. I decided to do a cut crease makeup look. It's a little more dramatic and best suited for the holidays yet still adds a good balance with the lip color.
- Wet N Wild Princess bronzer for contour
- Wet N Wild Coloricon Blusher Mellow Wine for cheeks
- UDPP original
- MAC Let's Skate paint pot applied all over lids
- I used a small pencil brush to apply MAC Mineralized Eyeshadow Smoked Ruby on the crease and used the blending brush to blend it outward.
- With a wet brush, I applied Milani Baked Eyeshadow Fusion over Let's Skate
- I used the white eyeshadow from Wet N Wild Coloricon Lust palette and applied it on my brow bones.
- I lined my upper lash line with Physicians Formula EyeBooster Ultra Black
- I used Sally Hansen Forever Stay eye pencil deep black on waterline and outer lower lash line, then smudged MAC Smoked Ruby over it
- I applied Milani Shadow Eyez Champagne Toast on inner corners of eyes and partially on the lower lash line
- For my brows I used Illamasqua Cream Shadow Intrude and Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel Expresso
- I finished up the look with ELF Natural Lashes
- Hourglass Siren. This has got to be one of my favorite red lip color. It's super pigmented, glossy, and has a very unique metallic finish. My only grip with red lip colors is that they tend to stick to my teeth, lol.
There you have it, the finished look. I even wore a green cardigan and my new Forever 21 Jeweled black and gold necklace just to make this look even more Christmassy. I still think you can rock this look for any other festivities and it would be especially good for a photoshoot. I feel so glamorous here, even though my lighting and background is nowhere close to glamorous haha.
What kind of makeup do plan on wearing for the holidays?
Luuux Shared Link