This is what I'm currently wearing on my nails. I started off on this design last night but it turned out to be a hot mess because I got lazy and wanted to see if I could pull it off doing it free-hand, haha...BAD IDEA. It didn't work.
Today, I decided to play it safe so I used tape, masking tape to be exact.
- Step 1. I painted my nails with Zoya Shawn as my base color. I cut a few small pieces of triangles and taped them on my nails like so on the first picture.
- Step 2. I painted over Shawn, on the tips of my nails, with China Glaze Midnight Kiss. It's a light gold metallic polish.
- Step 3. Wait for the nail polish to completely dry, then remove the tape.
- Step 4. I cut and another piece of triangle but this time I also kept the bottom part and place them on my nails like so and leaving a small space in between.
- Step 5. I used Midnight Kiss and painted in between the tapes and wait for the polish to completely dry before removing.
- Step 6. Clean the excess polish you got around your cuticles. Add a top coat and you're done!
Looks pretty simple and it is fairly simple to do but quite time consuming. In the end it's worth it cause it looks pretty cool and edgy. Make sure you wait for the nail polish to dry before removing the tape in order to keep the line nice and crisp. I know my manicure doesn't look perfect but it's close enough and actually looks much prettier in person.
Hope you enjoyed this nail look and tutorial.
Luuux Shared Link