This was my FOTD when I went to the Wisconsin state fair a couple weeks ago. It was actually a really nice day to be out. It was warm but not hot. I got there late in the afternoon and I spent about 5 hours at the fair so I wanted to make sure that my makeup lasted me that long. This is the before and after picture so you can see how the product performed. I can certainly see that there is a slight difference between the two but overall, I think the makeup held up pretty good.
Before I go into the details about the product that I used, I just wanted to mention that I went with a natural fresh faced look because I think it is more appropriate for a daytime casual look. I also think it's best to keep your makeup minimal if you are going to be out on a warm/hot day.
Here are my picks for ensuring that my face stays on throughout the day.
- Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 40. If you are going to be exposed to the sun for an extended period of time, your best bet is to wear a high SPF face moisturizer in order to prevent sun damage and premature aging. High SPF lotions have a tendency to look and feel very greasy or heavy. I like this one. It is a bit thick but it absorbs really quick and the shine is minimum. It does a very good job at preventing me from getting sun burn and minimizing the chances of hyperpigmentation which I tend to have when exposed to the sun.
- Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer. A face primer supposedly makes your makeup last longer. I can't say that I notice a difference but since I have it, I figure I might as well use it. I don't have large pores and I have normal / combination skin. I can get slightly oily on the forehead and nose but not that bad. And it maybe because of my skin type, I don't notice a difference that primers do for me.
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere 30 Beige. Although I went with a full coverage foundation, I only used very little of it because I wanted it to even out my skintone, still look natural, and last me all day. Of course, with this foundation, you could always build it up to a fuller coverage so it's pretty versatile. The finish is matte and the best part is the lasting power that is pretty damn good.
- Tarte Park Ave Princess bronzer. I wouldn't say that this product falls in the long-wearing category but it sure adds a bit of that sun-kissed glow to my face, which I really like.
- Femme Couture Get Rosie Cheek Stain. I have yet to do a review on this product but in the meantime, I can tell you that I quite like it. It's actually a cheek and lip stain duo but for this look, I am only wearing the cheek stain. The stain only slightly faded on my second picture but you can see that it's still there.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion Sin. For eyes that look more awake, I used this primer all over my lids. It's a shimmery champagne color that makes my eyes look brighter. I skipped the eyeshadow. This gave me a very subtle color already. UDPP are among my favorite eye primers. They never fail or crease on me.
- Milani Shadow Eyez Champagne Toast. This is a drugstore gem. Glides like butter, very pigmented, and last up to 12 hours without creasing and smudging. I applied this to my lower lash line.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid eyeliner Perversion. This has become my new favorite eyeliner. This liner will stay on and won't budge until you take it off. I only used it on my upper lash line, creating a thin winged liner.
- Make Up Forever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector. One thing I love about this makeup line is that when they say waterproof, they really mean it. This eyebrow corrector can be a bit tricky to apply because it is soooo pigmented. You only need a very and I seriously mean VERY tiny dot in order to fill both brows. That's how pigmented it is. This is the best long-wearing brow product I've tried so if you can work with the tricky application, you'll be very satisfied with how long this will last.
- MAC Prolongwear Lip Pencil Staunchly Stylish. One of the best long-wearing lip pencil I've tried. Though lip pencils are usually not on my day-to-day routine, I occasionally reach for them if I want more definition on my lips.
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in the shade Precious. I'm pretty sure you heard the buzz but in case you haven't these new Revlon stains are one of the best and favorite amongst bloggers and beauty enthusiasts. On the second picture, you can definitely see that it has lost its glossiness but the stain still remains and looks very natural on me.
- Make Up Forever Mist + Fix. This was the last thing that went to my face to finish up the look. Don't expect your makeup to look intact after using this but it certainly helps prolong the wear of my makeup. My biggest pet peeve about this product is the packaging. The spray diffuses way too much product. It almost feels like splashing water on your face, lol, which really annoys me. It would have been so much better if the mist was finer. Otherwise, I think the product itself works.
If you've tried any of these, how did they work out for you? I'm curious to hear.
Luuux Shared Link