Finally, getting some reviews done today! I'd like to introduce you to one of Yves Rocher's lipsticks that I purchased a few weeks ago.
- Quite honestly, I don't love the packaging. There's nothing wrong with it. I just feels very light and looks cheap.
- 0.07 oz or 2 g, a little less than a standard lipstick
- Orange Pistil is what I would describe as a soft shimmery coral. It has very fine pink shimmers that complement the base color very well. The shimmers are very subtle and less pronounced in person than on the photos here. Sorry my lighting makes them look shinier than they really are.
- The color applies nicely and evenly with an almost opaque coverage. It's neither dry or moisturizing. Doesn't slip or slide. It does have a very slight tacky and heavy feel to it, not too uncomfortable but noticeable.
- It has a pretty strong cosmetic scent to it. I don't know how to describe it but it's very similar to that of the L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipsticks. I'm not a fan.
- Yves Rocher claims that it will hold up to 4 hours, which I agree that is true but without drinking or eating. Honestly 4 hours is just a little over the standard average hold for lipstick. I personally wouldn't call this a long-wear formula.
I love this shade but I'm not completely sold on the formula. I'm glad that I didn't have any issues with the application but the scent kills me a little and the heavy slight tacky feel is a bit of a turn off. I'm not in love with it but I can put up with some of its flaws.
Price: $16.00 (Please note that the price is subject to change because YR runs sales very often and you can get it for much less if you wait for the perfect time).
Availability: Yves Rocher