I'm back with another neutral color swatch post. Yeahhh I got more...And you probably thought it was over, hehehe, JK. I have a little over a couple dozens of cream eyeshadows and the neutral colors make up the most of it. They also received more love since I wear neutrals on most days.
Maybelline Color Tattoo
- Bad to the Bronze - A medium shimmery cool tone bronze.
- Tough as Taupe - believe it or not, this is the first time I swatched it. I've had it for months and never touched it. This is a medium matte grey with just a bit of brown undertone to it. Texture is a bit tacky and thick.
- Although the Color Tattoos have been much raved since their launch, they are my least favorite cream shadows in my stash. They're good overall but they're not great because they're a little drier and they definitely do dry out faster too. My other cream shadows are about a year older and still as creamy as the first day I used them. Bad to the Bronze will have to go after this post. It's so dry now I can barely swatch it.
Lush Fresh Handmade Colour cream eyeshadow
- Sophisticated - a shimmery light pink brown. Easy to apply and blend. Set fairly quickly. Minimal creasing after 3 hours but last all day with a primer.
MAC Paint Pot
Estee Lauder Double Wear Shadow Creme
- Silver Leaf - medium shimmery taupe.
- Cafe au Lait - light shimmery golden beige
- Buttercreme - shimmery light golden peach
- Pink Amethyst - shimmery light pink with cool undertone
Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow
- Flatter Me - shimmery light pink brown.
Benefit Flatter Me and Lush Sophisticated are very good dupes. It's weird how Sophisticated looks a bit browner on the picture but in person they are so similar, you can hardly tell the difference.
My personal recommendation, go for the MAC Paint Pots, Benefit Creaseless Eyeshadows, and Estee Lauder Double-Wear. They are the best in terms of formula. Some of them appear dry in the pot but I assure you that they feel buttery soft when you touch them even after having them for over a year, they still apply smooth and creamy like the first day I got them. The Color Tattoos pretty much dry out after 6 months. I barely got much use out of them.
Do you like cream eyeshadows? If so do you have a favorite?