Happy Monday evening!
I'm tired already so it may be a good idea to hit the sack early tonight. I just need to do the usual, render a post or two before I call it a day. I can't believe summer is almost over and kids will be back to school soon.
I have long, medium thickness, and flat hair that always cry for some volume. When I received my Ulta 20% off coupon a couple weeks ago, I decided to grab this Living Proof Root Lifting hairspray that is supposed to help add touchable and flexible volume to my hair.
- Comes in a plastic grey spray bottle with a white cap. I really like the shape of the bottle because it's a bit curvy and fits nicely in the palm of my hand. It also has a velvety feel to it.
- The spray dispenses the product perfectly.
- 5.5 oz or 163 ml
- It has their signature scent but with a stronger alcohol smell to it that I thought was a bit overwhelming. It does contain denaturated alcohol.
- Direction: Spray 5 to 10 pumps to the root of your toweled dried hair. Comb through and style with a blow dryer.
- The spray feels a little tacky at first but doesn't feel sticky once it dries so I could still run my fingers through my hair and my hair stayed soft and flexible. I used as directed and I did notice some volume. The volume wasn't OMG look at that kind of reaction but I noticed that it helped. I would say it increased the volume of my hair by about 20%, which I was ok with.
- Now the problem that I have is that the volume doesn't last very long. After a couple hours my hair goes back to feeling flat again. The volume last longer when paired with hairspray but I try to avoid hairspray if I can help it because I don't like to use too much styling product on my hair.
I read a lot of reviews before buying this product and a lot of people raved about it and only a few seemed not to like it. Sadly, it didn't impress me either. The scent of alcohol is a bit too strong in my opinion. The fact that the volume only lasted a couple hours was really what disappointed me. I mean I actually had better luck with a different spray that was much cheaper. I expected a bit more from this brand and especially because I paid more too. Then again perhaps, it works on just certain type of hair.
Availability: Sephora, Ulta
Do you have a favorite volumizing spray? Have you tried a product that everyone seem to love but it just didn't work for you?