I've always been curious about Sonia Kashuk cosmetics but never really felt compelled enough to pick them up. However, when I scored these two lippies for less than $3.00 each. I didn't want to miss the opportunity.
I believe these are being discontinued. Last time I went back to Target, these were replaced by new lipsticks and they were in a black case. With that said, I'm not going to do a full review but just give you a few thoughts about the products and share some swatches with you.
- These lipsticks are reminescent of the Revlon Lip Butters.
- They are semi-sheer. You can definitely get color from these but there is still some sheerness to the product.
- They do have a little more slip, which affects the staying power and doesn't last more than 2 hours on the lips. They won't make it though a meal though.
- They look very glossy, feel comfortable, and are somewhat moisturizing.
- I like the sleek and classy packaging.
- They have a pleasant sweet scent.
Sheer Calypso looks like a pinkish coral on my lips. By the way, in case you were wondering my lips are pretty pale. I don't know why the application looks blotchy on the picture but I didn't notice that in real life.
Soft Pink is a light pinkish nude. Both shades are suitable for every day wear.
I apologize for the lighting. Most of my free time are at night so that's why I always take pictures in the dark, lol.
Have you tried Sonia Kashuk's new lipstick line? I'm curious if they are better than these.