The only western BB creams that I have are samples that I've gotten through some of my purchases. The Boscia BB cream happens to be one of them. I have not tried any of the drugstore brands but I did just recently do a review on a few of the Missha brand BB creams.
The other BB cream sample that I have yet to try is the Dior Hydra Life. I believe redeemed this one with my Sephora Perks points. I will do a review on that one later.
What it claims to do
- Moisturize and nourish the skin
- SPF 27
- Even out skin tone
- Diminish pores and fine lines
- Contain anti-oxidants
- Free of parabens, Sulfates, and Phthalates
- Flawless finish
- Natural coverage
- As far as packaging goes, it looks alright. It's just a standard squeeze tube. There really isn't anything fancy about it. The retail price for a 1.75 oz is $38.00.
- The texture is nice and feels moisturizing. The cream is light and almost feel like whipped cream.
- I don't detect any scent so that's a good thing.
- There is only 1 shade available for this product and according to Boscia, it is self-adjusting. I don't know how much of that is true but straight out of the tube it appears like a shade darker than my skintone but once I blended into my skin it, it did adjust to my skintone. So for someone who is very fair or darker than medium, I'm not too sure how well the shade will adjust. But if you are anywhere between light and medium, I think the self-adjusting aspect of it should work.
- As far as coverage goes, this is light. It will even out your skintone but if you have any blemishes or dark spots you want to cover, this alone will not work.
- I don't know why but this BB cream has some silver shimmers in it. It's subtle but noticeable. Some might like, some might not. I would definitely prefer it without it.
I like it but I don't love it and I certainly would not purchase it for the price. This is a good cream for people who want a light and natural-looking finish and coverage. It will look a bit dewy so you will need to top it with a powder if you don't like it dewy. I'd have to disagree with the flawless finish because you certainly are not going to look flawless with this cream. I also disagree with it being long-lasting because I feel like the coverage only works for 4-5 hours on my skin. The silver shimmers are a bit of a turn off because I don't see anything natural-looking about that.
Overall, I think this product is good but not great and it missed a couple marks based on what it claims to do.
My rating: 7/10.