Hello lovely readers,
Today, I will be reviewing these two Illamasqua lipsticks that I received with the Alter Ego Mystery Selection set, which currently retails for $60.00 at Sephora.com.
These lipsticks retails for $24.00 each so receiving them through the set was a great bargain. However, the flipside to this amazing deal is that you don't know which lipstick shade you will receive other than Fable.
- Glossy black rectangular shaped tube. I like that because it annoys me when my lipsticks rolls out of the surface I put them on.
- Net weight .14 oz
- Fable - A matte light bubble gum pink shade. This lipstick feels so dry! It pulls and tugs on my skin. I highly recommend that you exfoliate your lips to get rid of any dry flaky skin you may have because this lipsticks is very unforgiving and will make them look worst. Also don't forget to prep your lips with a good lip balm. If you look at my picture below, you can see that it really emphasize my lip lines as well.
- Also, I think many people may find this shade difficult to wear. I personally don't think it looks flattering on my skintone but I think I can make it work with certain looks. I definitely could use a bit of gloss on top.
- Drench - ahh this color is gorgeous! It's a really nice berry red color that would look flattering on any skintone. I think if you are intimidated by red lips, this would be the perfect red to try cause it's a little more toned down. This color was easier to apply. It has just enough creaminess to make application effortless without feeling slippery. As you can see from the swatch, it looks smooth on my lips. Doesn't feel dry but doesn't feel moisturizing either. The pigmentation is excellent and though it is labeled as a matte, there's definitely a little bit of shine to it.
- They have a scent that reminds me of vanilla.
These last fairly well on the lips, 3+ hours and have good pigmentation. The scent is nice. Packaging is pretty standard. There's inconsistencies between shades. These definitely need a bit of moisture, something I would want from a lipstick at this price point.
My rating: 8/10.
Luuux Shared Link