A few days ago, I picked up this new lipstick set from the Disney Cinderella's collection at Sephora during their VIB sale.
Let me just start by admitting that this was an impulse purchase. I found the packaging really cute and hard to resist. The lipsticks case is actually lighter than it looks but nonetheless, packaging wise, I think it's beautiful.
The shade range appears to be colors that I normally wear quite often.
This set is sold for $25.00, which is a pretty good deal for 4 lipsticks. So far, so good.
- Lady Tremaine - dark berry/fuchsia with satin finish. I love this color. It has that glam appeal to it.
- Pumpkin - light peachy pink with satin finish. It's a bit too light and not very flattering for my skin tone, I think.
- Who is She? - a slightly darker version of Pumpkin with a tinge more pink tone to it and it feels slightly more creamy than Pumpkin as well. This shade looks good on my skin tone.
- My Moment - Light sheer and frosty pink with a dash of gold glitters. This lipstick wont add any color to your lips but it will add a bit of shine. The glitters are small but the texture is very dry and gritty. See how pale my lips are? It leaves something to be desired.
Now that we've got the good stuff out of the way, let's talk about the things I didn't like.
- First, I could not detect any scent from smelling the lipsticks, which I'm totally fine with that; however, when I applied it on my lips, I nearly barfed because it tasted disgusting! I felt like I just swallowed a chunk of plastic.
- Secondly, the texture is just horrible. It doesn't just glide on your lips like a good lipstick would. You actually have to put a good amount of pressure when applying these lipsticks. Lady Tremaine and Who is She are just a tad more creamy than the other two. These are the only two I actually liked as far as color goes. Nonetheless, there is a definite lack of creaminess and moisturizing agent in these lippies, which also emphasize any dryness and imperfection you may already have.
- Exfoliating and prepping lips with a good lip balm is a must.
My rating: 5/10.
Where you contemplating on getting this set? If you bought it, what did you think of it?
Luuux Shared Link.