This is part 2 of my Sephora VIB Hauling and I assure you that I normally do not haul this much at Sephora other than during a sale like this. I wasn't too sure of what to get, lol...but I knew I needed to get something so I can take advantage of this sale that only happens twice a year.
I was trying to focus on things that I needed and one of the things that caught my attention is this Phyto 3 piece starter set for dramatic volume. I have pretty long layered hair that are almost down to my waist. My hair is just a mess, lol...It lacks volume for sure. It always feels dry. It's a bit freezy so I'm always using a straightener. My hair is boring and has no life to it. I am hoping that this product will give it some bounce and make my hair more alive. I went with the starter kit cause it allows me to try a few products to see how I like them before committing to the full size product. This kit includes a volumizing shampoo, hydrating leave-in conditioner, and a volumizing spray. This set cost $26.
Illamasqua Nail Varnish Duo, $25.00. I read good reviews on their nail polishes but didn't really find a shade that calls out to me and if you know me, you may have guessed that I mainly got this set because of the glitter nail polish, lol. The other reason is you actually save a few bucks by getting the set, since one polish cost $14.00. On the left you have Glitterati and on the right Viridian.
Illamasqua Alter Ego Mystery Selection set, $60.00 ($48 with the VIB discount sale). When I read that you could get 10 full size products in this set, I thought that was too good to pass up. There are 2 products that are listed as best sellers (nail varnish in Jo'Mina and lipstick in Fable) and the other 8 are mystery shades. I wished I had thought this out or did more research on it before purchasing. Now here's the catch to this amazing deal...This is a mixed bag of good and probably bad. I feel that the mystery shades are the ones that probably didn't sell too well or getting old. The lipglosses are from the old packaging. The new packaging includes a blush applicater. So in another word, if you are going for this kit, you must know that you will be taking a gamble of what you'll get.
Another thing you should probably know about the brand is that Illamasqua is known for bold and dramatic makeup. So you should expect to receive something bold and dramatic in your kit. If you are a neutral kind of person, I wouldn't recommend this kit.
Now, let me reveal to you what I received...
Here's a peak at what it looked like when I opened up my mystery box. I'm actually quite happy with most of the shades that I received. The red cream blush looks intimidating. The red gloss is pretty but I certainly didn't need to add another red to my collection since I rarely ever wear red lips plus I already own a few reds. Debating if I should just give it away but the blogger in me is itching to swatch it, lol.
- Illamasqua medium pencils for eyes, lips, face, and body. The shade Severe appears to me like a dark brown color and the shade Cane looks like a pale yellow. I like the idea that this pencil is multi-tasking but I can mostly see myself wearing these as eyeliners. These retails for $20.00 each.
- Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in Succubus. Looks like this is going to be a gorgeous true red.
- Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss in Tantrum. Looks like a sheer raspberry purple-ish kind of shade. These retails for $22.00 each if you were to buy them individually. Happy with these colors, though I wished I received a different shade of the Intense Lipgloss since red isn't a color that I need.
- Illamasqua lipstick in Fable - looks like a pale pinky coral.
- Illamasqua lipstick in Drench - looks like a muted red with some warm undertone. I'm pretty happy with the lipstick shades that I got. These lipsticks retails for $24.00 each.
- Illamasqua Liquid Metal in Superior. Looks like a gorgeous metallic blue. I like the name, lol. This retails for $26.00.
- Illamasqua Cream Eyeshadow Intrude. It's neutral and brown, yay! I can see myself getting more use out of this one. Well that is if the formula agrees with me. I can't find this cream shadow on Sephora's website so I don't even know if that's just something Sephora doesn't sell or if that is discontinued.
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish Jo'Mina. Light purple creme polish. This retails for $14.00
- The cream blusher I received was in the shade Brazen and like I mentioned earlier it looks very intimidating for being a blush. It arrived with a suspicious white stuff at one corner. I read reviews of other people complaining that it is mold/fungus. A couple hours after I had opened my package, I noticed that the white stuff disappeared. The thing is when I received my package, it was cold and I don't know if the cold weather attributed to that white stuff. I am really confused as to what the heck that was. If it was really mold, I don't think it would have disappeared. Then again, what do I know? I just know I'm worried about touching it cause I don't know what that stuff was. Anyone has any idea?? This retails for $26.00.
- I used my 100 point perks to redeem for this Bumble and Bumble Thickening Hairspray, lol. Back to the hair issue again so I am hoping that this will give me some sort of volume.
- Last but not least, I got a few samples and another Sephora VIB bag.
- I also purchased the Murad Acne Complex Kit (not pictured) for my teenage kids and it seems to keep their acne at bay.
- I received another Sephora VIB bag.
This is it for my second VIB haul. If you missed the post for my first one, you can view it HERE.
What did you haul? I'm curious to hear cause I might've overlooked some stuff I could use.
Luuux Shared Link