Today, I'll be reviewing this new makeup palette from the Kardashians. Well, let me just start off by saying that I'm not fan of the Kardashians or do I care to what they do. I really don't get why they are so famous, lol. Other than that I was drawn to the palette because it appealed to me for several reasons.
- The packaging is compact, which is what I like most when it comes to packaging. The more compact, the better.
- 8 earth tone colors eyeshadows to create that lovely neutral look everyone loves. What's exciting about that is you have 4 shimmers and 4 mattes. I love it when they include some mattes in a palette.
- 2 blushes. Both are matte. One is a lovely peachy pink color and the other is a peachy nude color.
- 1 highlighter. It looks very similar to NARS Albatross, though Albatross feels smoother and more finely milled.
- The matte eyeshadows lack in pigmentation but the formula was ok. Not as dry as some of the matte I've come across so blending them was easier.
- The shimmer eyeshadows are more pigmented than the matte but they are really nothing to rave about either. I would prefer the shimmers to be more intense and finely milled but they have more of a frost finish to them, which is probably why the pigmentation isn't as good as I would have hoped.
- I think the blushes and highlighter are great! They work very well on my skintone and they are gorgeous neutral shade that won't make you look overdone.
- Swatches were done without a primer.
This palette is decent overall. The pigmentation is just ok, not the best or the worst I've tried. They do show up fairly well and last through the day with a good primer. I'm still a bit disappointed with the eyeshadows and like the blushes the best out of the palette.
If you have fair to medium skintone, I think these shades will work for you otherwise, if you are darker, they probably won't. This palette retails for $12.99 and is available at Ulta. Personally, this palette doesn't meet my expectation so I will be returning it.
My rating: 7/10.
To view the two looks I've created with this palette, you can view it HERE and THERE.
Will you still give it a try or pass?
Luuux Shared Link