I purchased this palette from Ulta a few weeks ago when it was on sale for $32.00. Original price is $40.00. So that was a nice discount for me.
I'm not a huge fan of loose eyeshadows because I find them very messy. So to see Bare Minerals come up with pressed eyeshadows was a pretty sweet change.
- I find the packaging compact for 8 eyeshadows.
- .28 oz or 8 g
- The packaging has a nice weight and sturdy feel to it.
- The metallic gold casing looks nice and classy but attracts fingerprints like crazy and can get scratched easily.
- Pumped - a medium dark matte brown with gold and pink shimmers.
- Chart Topper - a shimmery golden beige
- Max Volume - a shimmery dark green
- Louder - light gold with some orange undertone
- One Hit Wonder - satin white
- Most Requested - matte burgundy with fine pink glitters
- Remix - shimmery yellow gold
- Speaker Box - dark brownish green with gold and pink shimmers
- Chart Topper, Max Volume, Louder, One Hit Wonder, and Remix have a more buttery texture, whereas Pumped Most Requested, and Speaker Box feels slightly dryer.
- I find all the shades to be quite pigmented in spite of the variation in the texture and finish.
- I personally would have been happier if there was one or two matte shades in this palette since I don't really like to have all shimmery eyeshadows when I do a look
- I love the color scheme they included in this palette. You could create neutral look as well as dramatic looks with these colors.
I'm very pleased with the quality and colors of the eyeshadows. They are creamy, pigmented, blend easily, and last all day without creasing and fading when paired with a good primer underneath. The palette is pricy; however, there isn't one single eyeshadow that I didn't like so you do get what you paid for. The only thing I wasn't a big fan of is the packaging. I like that it is compact but it gets dirty so easily. This palette is limited edition so I'm not sure if you will still be able to find it.
My rating 9.5/10.