We celebrated my sister's baby shower yesterday and afterward a few of us decided to go see The Vow. I particularly don't really watch romantic drama movies. Truth is I actually avoid watching drama because it always makes me think. Not a bad thing to think and reflect on what you see but it does bring back some memories.
The movie is based on a true story about a newly married and happy couple who got into a car accident. When the wife wakes up from her coma, she doesn't recall anything about her husband. From there everything goes downhill but ends on a happy note.
What I learned from the movie...
- We all encounter several points of impact in life that can change us or steer us in a different direction. Whether we stay or leave, ultimately the choice is ours.
- I am amazed at what people can do and are willing to do for the one they love. For someone like myself, witnessing such makes me feel like I've never really lived.
- A few people try to remember their past while some of us try to forget. Whether the memory remains or not, we can always create new ones.
- One of the quote the mother said in the movie really struck me "I chose to stay for everything that he did right and forgive him for the one thing he did wrong"...Wow, that completely blew me away. That was deep and powerful. It really made me feel weak.
- I know it's a chick flick but guys should really watch chick flicks too. Trust me, you can learn a thing or two about how to love.
Have you seen this movie? Would you watch it?
Photo credit from http://thevow-movie.com/
Luuux Shared Link