I purchased this new Milani Illuminating powder a few weeks ago at CVS. I can't remember the exact price but it was around $8-9. When I first saw it, I was all over it, lol. I got totally sucked in by the packaging and snatched it immediately off the shelf.
- The packaging is quite sturdy and appealing to the eyes although it could have been a little slimmer.
- I find that opening it was not the easiest since you needed to have a good grib on both end. However, I didn't find it extremely difficult either. It could have been better but I can work with it.
- Net weight is .35 oz or 10 g
- I love the embossed rose pattern on the powder and the fact that they are different colors. That's a very lovely touch, in my opinion.
- When swatched, I get a very subtle golden pinkish coral shimmers. It's sooo pretty!
- The shimmers are not overpowering in my opinion, they are quite fine.
- This makes a beautiful highligther if you are medium to darker skintone. However, if you are fair to light, you could actually use this as a blush and it does look very pretty as a blush as well.
- I love the fact that it isn't powdery at all.
- As far as the lasting power, I would say it's about average. I can get up to 5 hours of wear. After that, there is a bit of fading but at the end of the day, it's still there on my face.
I am definitely loving this face powder. It's not very pigmented since it's mostly intended for use as an illuminator but the color can be build up and because I have a light medium skin tone I actually have been using this as a blush. It adds a subtle natural color and glow to my face that makes me look fresh and awake. It lasts throughout most of the day so that's a plus for me too.
My rating 9/10.
Luuux Shared Link