I'm still fairly new to L'Occitane products and pretty much all the ones I've tried so far, I've been pleased with. I purchased this set from Sephora during the VIB sale. I am not sure if it is a "holiday edition" set but you can certainly purchase these products individually if you wish.
The set contains:
- 8.4 oz Almond Cleansing and Softening Shower Oil
- 3.5 oz Almond Firming and Smoothing Milk Concentrate
- 1.7 oz Almond Cleansing and Exfoliating Delicious Soap
- 0.5 oz Almond Firming and Soothing Supple Skin Oil
- 1 oz Almond Delicous Hand Cream
- I'm very happy with how all these items were packaged into this fancy looking and sturdy box. It definitely looks like you paid a lot of money for it...well, truth is I did but the 20% VIB discount kind of helped.
- I am a huge fan of the L'Occitane Almond signature scent. It smells like sweet almond and grape juice. Not overly sweet, but soothing sweet and lovely.
- Almond Shower Oil, 8.4 oz (full size). On its own, it retails for $24.00. It's rather thin in consistency as compared to the standard shower gel. It feels just like oil but when you lather this with a sponge, it actually foams a bit. It doesn't lather enough for me and I feel like I need to use more because of that and it gets used up quickly. At this price point, it's a bit high for my budget and for the amount of product you get. Fortunately, this set came with an Almond soap and I love mixing the oil with the soap from this set. The oil has a more potent scent and the soap lathers better so they make a perfect combo. I find this shower oil gentle on the skin.
- Almond Delicious Soap, 1.7 oz (full size), retails for $5.00. It's the only size it comes in and as you can see, it's rather small. It's actually labeled as a hand soap, thus why so small but heck, I use it to clean and exfoliate my body. It contains crushed almond shells. It does give a good friction for exfoliating but nothing painful or uncomfortable. It also produces a good lather, which I mentioned earlier is great to be paired with the shower oil.
- Almond Supple Skin Oil, 0.5 oz (travel size). I am disappointed that this bottle is so tiny because it's my favorite product from the set. Fortunately, I have purchased the full size individually and reviewed it HERE....but still, I'm sad they went skimpy with the oil on this set.
- Almond Milk Concentrate, 3.5 oz (full size). Retails for $26.50. It looks like yogurt. It's light and absorbs quickly. Feels nice and smells nice. Not highly hydrating but paired with the Almond oil, it's perfect! I'm not a fan of the packaging. I have to use a spatula to get to the product. It's heavy and made of glass so better not drop that jar.
Almond Delicious Hands cream, 1 oz (full size). Retails for $12.00. The L'Occitane hand creams are nice but they sure smell nicer than any other hand creams I've tried. This hand cream contains almond milk and almond oil. It absorbs quickly, doesn't feel greasy, and provides fairly good hydration but I don't think it last very long or is heavy duty enough for those who have very dry skin. Honestly, my Aveeno Intense Relief hand cream works better but if you want a pleasantly scented hand cream then L'Occitane does them well.
Although you save a few bucks with this set, the saving is not that huge so unless you want to try all the products in this set you may be better off just buying individually what you want or need.
I hate to admit it but I usually don't take very good care of my skin other than my face, hands, and nails, lol. The rest gets neglected. I am obsessed with L'Occitane almond scent. Every time I use the products, I always want to keep my nose on my skin, lol, which in turn makes me very eager and more motivated to take care of the rest of my skin because I always look forward to using these products.
I find that they work more effectively together. All the products are very lovely but expensive. Definitely, not something would buy regularly. If you want to pamper yourself this winter, this is the set to get. This set would also make a wonderful gift.
I would definitely repurchase the Almond Oil, in spite of the price. The rest is a maybe when I have nothing else better to spend my money on.
Availability: Sephora, L'Occitane
What's your favorite body lotion?