Thursday, December 19, 2013
Red and Green Holiday Makeup Look and Tutorial
I don't really celebrate Christmas in real life though I do give my kids some presents. I enjoy seeing the houses and streets decorated in Christmassy lights but this time of the year generally feels more oppressing to me and with the cold Wisconsin weather, I'd rather just stay cozy and warm at home. Apparently, we are expecting some heavy snow this Sunday.
Anyways, even though I'm not much of a party life I enjoy playing with makeup and looking fancy alone at home, lol.
I don't think this look is very dramatic but quite appropriate for the holiday festivities. I used the reddish brown/teal duochrome eyeshadow from the Wet N Wild Comfort Zone as the main attraction to create a soft smoky look. I love seeing how that subtle green shimmer comes to play and picked falsies that are decorated with some small jewels to make this more fun.
1. Primed my eyelids with Lorac Behind the Scenes eye primer.
2. I used the crease color from Wet N Wild Spoiled Army Brat and blend it on my crease.
3. With the same palette I used the eyelid color, which is a pale pink shade on the brow bone.
4. I then pat the Definer duochrome shade from Wet N Wild Comfort Zone palette all over my lids.
5. I used the dark brown definer shade from Comfort Zone on the outer V and blend it with the surrounding colors to create more depth.
6. I lined the upper lash line with Physicians Formula Eye Booster Ultra Black
7. I applied Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon Blacquer on the tight line and waterline.
8. I lined my lower lash line with MAC Intense Pearlglide eye pencil in Undercurrent.
9. I finish up by filing my brows with Illamasqua cream eyeshadow Intrude, brushed over Prestige Brow Perfection and added the falsies
10. For my face, I used the Sally Hansen Luminous Matte Pressed Power Deep for contour and Physicians Formula Happy Booster Rose on my cheeks.
11. On my lips, I wore Revlon Matte Balm in the shade Standout.
Hope you enjoyed the look. What do you plan to wear on your face for the holidays?