I've had this lipgloss set for a few weeks now and didn't even get a chance to play with it much so I'm just going to share swatches with you and my thoughts on the product so far.
If you shop at Sephora regularly or if you are following the new trends, you are most likely aware that Sephora collaborated with Pantone Universe and recently launched this new "color of the year" collection, which is no other than tangerine. I've never really been a huge fan of orange but I must admit that ever since this collection came out, I have been obsessed with this color.
Description from Sephora's website:
- A four piece set of high-intensity lip glosses in tangerine inspired shades.
- What it does: Get a new dimension of gloss with this lacquered lip color that promises infinite depths of crystal reflections. The moisturizing formula will leave lips looking and feeling perfect, while the hypnotic shine creates a constant play on light. The set includes four spirited hues inspired by the Color of the Year, Tangerine Tango, in four must-have finishes. Hydrating and long-wearing, these energized glosses sculpt the lips so they appear perfectly shaped, plumped, and pretty.
- For more info on this product, please click this link http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1388107&productId=P307537&keyword=pantone%20lipgloss&_requestid=656965
I've swatched them from the sheerest to most opaque. As you can see, even though they seem to look almost the same in the tube, they do come with different finishes and opacity.
From left to right:
- Tangerine Tango Glaze--sheer tangerine with orange, pink, and gold shimmers.
- Tangerine Tango Opal--semi sheer tangerine with fuchsia and gold shimmers.
- Tangerine Tango Luminous--semi opaque tangerine with orange and gold shimmers
- Tangerine Tango Vivid--very bright and opaque tangerine creme finish, no shimmers.
My overall impression
- The packaging is quite nice and for $20, you get 4 lipglosses. That's like paying $5.00 each! Which is a pretty sweet deal for a high-end product.
- I love the fact that you get a variety of finishes so you can use the sheerer more muted shades for typical days and use the more opaque shades for a more dramatic look.
- The lipglosses have a pleasant sweet fruity scent.
- The formula feels moisturizing and cushy. It's not too thin or too thick and non-sticky.
- I haven't tested the wear time but from what I can tell, don't expect these to make it through a meal or look intact after a couple hours of wear.
- While I was swatching, I noticed that the color was transferring to my teeth quite often. That was pretty annoying so you definitely will frequently need to check your teeth while you are wearing these.
- My favorite one has got to be Tangerine Tango Vivid. It's so bright and pigmented!
- If the colors please you, I think you will like these lipglosses. The formula feels very nice.
Luuux Shared Link