I'm sure many of you probably already heard about these. I recently got my hands on these new Revlon Balm Stains a couple weeks ago and have been enjoying them ever since. I decided to go with the lighter shades because they tend to look more natural.
- I like the packaging. It's shaped like a chubby crayon. I'm quite pleased of the overall look. It's really nice for being a drugstore product.
- No sharpening is needed since the product is retractable with a few twists.
- The color of the tube looks exactly like the lip color.
- On the left I have Darling, which is a blue base sheer pink with a slight purple undertone to it.
- On the right I have Charm, which is a sheer peachy nude color. When I swatched it, I was worried that I might not be able to make it work since it seems pretty light. However, surprisingly, it turned out quite nice on me. For some odd reason, it has a pinkish tint to it once it's on my lips.
- Since this is supposely a lip balm/stain, the colors were on the sheer side.
- The pigmentation isn't that intense considering that these two colors are light but I'm actually fine with that because I like how natural they look, especially after the glossiness of the balm wears off.
- They feel very comfortable and somewhat moisturising upon application. I love the minty scent it has. It's very refreshing.
- The gloss usually wears off within 2 hours but the stains last up to 6 hours on me. That's not bad for light colors. I would assume that the darker shades would last even longer.
- You may experience some dryness after a few hours. That may be the only drawback but that's quite common with lip balms anyways.
If you are like me and always forget or are too busy to touch up your lips, you will be pleased at how long-wearing the stain last. I really love how comfortable and light it feels upon application though I wished that feeling lasted a bit longer. Another thing I really like about these two colors is that they look very natural on me. These truly do what they were meant to do. It's definitely one of the best lip stains I've tried.
My rating: 9/10.
What you given these a whirl yet? If so, which other shade would you recommend?
**EDIT: for more swatches of other shades, please visit this post HERE.**
Luuux Shared Link