This is a bit of a late post but still wanted to share with you all how my mother's day went. My kids surprised me with this chocolate cake that they actually made themselves! Which I thought was super sweet of them. We decided to top the cake with some fresh cut strawberries. It tasted really good with the strawberries.
Secondly, they also gave me a dozen pink roses and a lovely card. I don't know what else to say, except that I feel loved and special. I have such wonderful kids! I'm so proud of them and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.
We decided to go out to eat for lunch and try out this new restaurant called McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks. I always drive by it but never been in it so I was curious to try something new.
My oldest son ordered the Parmesan Crusted Chicken.
My daughter ordered the French Toast. I must say we were quite surprised with the French Toast because it looked huge and chunky like meat loaf! LOL.
My youngest son ordered the Lobster Ravioli. This was the most expensive dish.
I ordered the Salmon Rigaton. I felt that the salmon could have been a little more cooked and I couldn't taste the salt either so I actually added a lot of salt on my dish. I wasn't impressed with the taste. I honestly have had better pasta dishes.
For drinks, I ordered the Mother's Day Sangria. It had chunks of strawberries and cucumbers in it and tasted quite refreshing.
They also gave us complimentary truffles in honor of Mother's Day. Overall, the place looked nice and classy. Most people who came there were a little more dressed up. The service was good. However, the food wasn't a hit for me and I find the menu rather pricey. My total bill came to $92.90 for 4 people, before tax and tips.
Luuux Shared Link
Sunday was a beautiful sunshiny day for us. It felt quite warm too so I decided to wear something light and comfortable. Something a little dressy but remaining still casual. In this outfit of the day, pretty much everything I have here were newly purchased.
- Light blue tank top from New York & Co. I had to wear this underneath cause the blue blouse is sheer. It would have been better if I had a tube top so that the strap doesn't show but I didn't have one.
- Royal Blue blouse from Dots. This is very chic and comfortable. I love how it leaves my shoulders and arms partially exposed.
- White capris from Dots. I love how you can dress it up or down. This is such a versatile piece.
- Navy Blue wedges from Tommy Hilfiger. Since I was planning on hitting up the mall after the mother's day lunch, I wanted something comfortable so I pulled out these wedges. They go with my outfit and are quite comfortable but I must admit that after walking 3 hours in them, my feet were starting to beg for mercy, lol.
- Michael Kors purse, my favorite new accessory.
- Jewelry: My A|X watch, a few bracelets from Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe, and Betsey Johnson blue heart earrings.
As far as makeup goes, I kept it neutral and simple.
How did your mother's day go?
Luuux Shared Link